- Pre-requisite units and entry requirements as applicable to your qualification.
- Appropriate level of computer literacy: the ability to use a word processing application, email, and Internet. GOLD COAST INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY (GCIT) won’t provide IT technical support for students.
- Appropriate computer software: Microsoft Word (or the Open Office equivalent) and a PDF Reader
- Our recommended browser, which is Google Chrome Internet Browser.
- PC Requirements: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
- Mac Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Regular allocation of time over the length of your enrolment to complete your course.
- Active email address and internet connection.
- Mobile phone with voice mail capability.
- A USI. If you have not already applied for your USI, you will work with the Student Support Team to apply for one.
- Willingness to receive correspondence via mail, email, and/or text message.
- Willingness to respond to communication in a timely manner.
- If you have opted to pay for your course upfront or via instalments (referred to as a payment plan), the capacity to meet these payments as per your contract.
- Capacity to engage with coaching sessions, including any language, literacy, and numeracy support, as needed to complete the requirements of your course.
- Willingness to receive information on future courses or other training products with GOLD COAST INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY (GCIT).
If you are under 18 years of age, you must ensure that your parent or guardian has read and understood the terms and conditions contained in this booklet. By providing signed or verbal approval of your enrolment, your parent or guardian acknowledges and accepts the terms and conditions herein, including guaranteeing the principal liability to make payment of all course fees.
1.Personal information (information or an opinion about me), collected from me, my parent, or my guardian, such as my name, USI, date of birth, contact details, training outcomes and performance, or sensitive personal information (including my ethnicity or health information) collected by GOLD COAST INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY (GCIT) may be disclosed to the Department of Education
2.The Department may disclose my personal information to other Australian government agencies, including those located in states and territories outside Queensland.
3.The above government agencies may use my personal information for any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions, including but not limited to the evaluation and assessment of my training, the determination of my eligibility to receive subsidised training, or for any fee exemptions or concessions. My personal information may also be disclosed to other third parties if required by law.
4.I consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information in the manner outlined above.
5.I also acknowledge and agree that the Department may contact me by telephone email or post either during or after I have ceased my subsidised training with GOLD COAST INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY (GCIT) for the purposes of evaluating and assessing my subsidised training.
- Date of birth (must be 15 years or over at the commencement of the course) and no longer at school
- Queensland address
- Any post-school qualifications
- Australian/New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status
- Eligibility for concession (if applicable)
- Fair and equitable treatment at all times, including access to all programs available on scope (subject to the relevant entry and LLN requirements)
- Access to the required support, training, and assessment in order to successfully complete the training, regardless of location or mode of delivery
- Access to any records held by us, including personal details, course progress, and payment information
- Ensure that the work you submit is your own; any discovery of plagiarism will be dealt with as outlined in the policies and additional information section.
- Advise us as soon as you become aware of any issues which may affect your study, including LLN needs.
- Abide by the terms and conditions outlined in this document and the code of conduct policy in all dealings with GOLD COAST INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY (GCIT).
- Meet your assessment obligations. Where this is not possible, you must advise GOLD COAST INSTITUE OF TECHNOLOGY (GCIT) as soon as possible.
- Make your course payments by the agreed due dates. Further information on fees is outlined later in this document.
- Keep your contact information up to date by advising us as soon as possible about changes.
- Not to tolerate discrimination towards any group or individual in any form, inclusive of race, gender, political or religious beliefs, culture, sexual orientation, and/or disability (physical or intellectual).
- To inform you, the student, of important policies including how we ensure your privacy, how we handle complaints and appeals, and under what circumstances we administer refunds.
- On payment of all course fees, to provide support, training, and assessment services in the chosen training program in compliance with the RTO Standards 2015 and as summarised in the enrolment documentation that you will receive. This guarantee continues for the period of enrolment to ensure that students have the opportunity to successfully complete the training.
- To inform you if any part of the agreed services, including training and assessment, are to be delivered by a third party.
- To issue you with AQF certification documentation upon request and at the end of your enrolment, whether completed or terminated, providing that you have met the requirements of the qualification or unit/s of competency and all agreed fees have been paid.
- To abide by our published policies and the information contained in this handbook.
- To provide you with information on the implications of government funding entitlements and subsidy arrangements for any future qualifications you may wish to undertake.
- To cancel an enrolment without notice if, by the enrolment end date, a student has not achieved all course requirements. If some units within the qualification have been completed, a statement of attainment will be issued reflecting the competencies awarded providing that all agreed fees have been paid. No refunds will apply in this instance.
- To cancel an enrolment for reasons outlined in the Code of Conduct, student plagiarism, and fee requirement policies.
- To collect fees as per the agreed terms and conditions supplied upon enrolment and in accordance with the policies outlined in this document.
Once your withdrawal is confirmed, you will receive a Statement of Attainment for any completed units. This will arrive within 21 days providing that all fees have been paid in full.