The Gold Coast Institute of Technology operates in compliance with current privacy legislation Privacy Act (1988). All training staff has current knowledge of privacy policies as they relate to an RTO. Gold Coast Institute of Technology required procedures are followed to ensure your rights to privacy. Any information gathered will only be utilized for the purposes of delivery of training and assessment services and compliance requirements according to ASQA and the Department of Education, Training and Employment (DETE) requirements. Access to individual student training records must meet Commonwealth and State Privacy legislation and will be limited to:
- Individuals wishing to access their own personal records
- Individuals authorising releases of specific information to third parties in writing
- Gold Coast Institute of Technology staff that require the information as part of their job role
- Officers from the Department of Education and Training, the Vocational Education and Training Accreditation Board or their representatives for activities required under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations
- Legal requirements (e.g. subpoena / search warrants / social service benefits / evidence act)
Each individual student will have a personal file for storage of training records. Student training documentation will be stored in a secure manner (individual files in locked cabinets; electronic files with access by password). All trainers / assessors involved in the training program will be informed of their responsibilities under this policy. Requests for access to information can be made by completing the Gold Coast Institute of Technology Student Record Access Request Form available from the administration office and the release of information will be the decision of Gold Coast Institute of Technology. Records of student results for each unit of competency will be as per DETE requirements so as to limit the amount of rework.